One of the hottest buzz phrases in education today is the “flipped classroom”. The premise behind the flipped classroom is to create an environment where the lecture and homework aspects of a course are reversed. Today’s student, who is more tech savvy than ever before, is equipped to access content at home, replacing the traditional in-class lecture. This then allows for class time to be spent applying concepts and completing guided practice activity with an increased opportunity for student questioning. Flipped lessons provide for more active learning opportunities with students taking more responsibility reaching learning objectives. This course will analyze the theories and research supporting flipped lessons, as well as introduce educators to online tools and resources to create a successful and meaningful flipped experience. Participants will explore and utilize many free resources including TED TALKS, Khan Academy and the NY Times.
What You Need To Know
- This course will provide you with 3 Graduate Credits through Ashland University.
- Courses start on September 1st, 2016 and end on August 31st, 2017.
- Note: (Rolling Admissions. Self-paced course. Register anytime. Complete course within semester dates)
- Credit Cost: $150 per graduate credit x 3 = $450* (Payable to Ashland University)
- Course Cost: $149 per course (Payable to NaMaYa)
- Length: 36 Contact Hours
*Credit Cost is lower if you are part of a Group/Bulk Registration with 20+ Teachers. To inquire more about that, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Don’t forget to register with Ashland University in order to earn Graduate Credits. Failure to register with Ashland University before the end date will disqualify participants from earning credits.
*Strict refund policy on Ashland University fees. Only exceptions are for documented medical emergency and must be approved by PDS Director.