Demonstrating Knowledge of Students
Engaging Students in Learning
The purpose of this course is to provide opportunities for participants to explore the eight multiple intelligences and their impact on math instruction. All students, regardless of their learning style, are entitled to being successful in mathematics. At the conclusion of this course, participants will be able to apply immediately:
- Understand the eight intelligences and apply that knowledge to mathematics instruction
- Appreciate the value of using literature to give meaning to mathematics concepts
- Appraise the value of using manipulatives to explore abstract ideas on a concrete level
- Develop strategies to enhance students' mathematics vocabulary
- Design integrated mathematics lessons
What You Need To Know
- This course will provide you with 3 P-Credits through NYC DOE’s After School Professional Development Program (ASPDP).
- P-Credit courses can be applied to the BA+30, BA+60, and MA+30 differentials and NYS PD requirements.
Spring 2017 registrations run from January 3rd, 2017 to April 17th, 2017.
Spring 2017 semester starts on February 13th, 2017 and ends on June 23rd, 2017.
Don’t forget to register with NYC DOE's After School Professional Development Program (ASPDP) in order to earn P-Credits. Failure to register with NYC DOE before the registration deadline will disqualify participants from earning P-Credits.
*Please keep in mind there is a non-refundable, non-transferrable policy for credit fees paid to NYC DOE. Because of this, we ask that you complete your course(s) on time. If you want more information regarding credit fees please email ASPDP at email@example.com.