The adolescent brain, like the rest of their body, is still growing and changing. Many teens deal with issues such as impulse control, erratic behavior, changing bodies, increased emotions and coping skills. Teachers need to be able to understand these issues and be equipped with strategies for assisting students through them.
Teachers in this course will research the issues facing today’s teenager and how these issues impact the classroom. Teachers will develop lessons and instructional strategies for helping students learn to control impulses, level out erratic behavior and deal with their changing bodies. This course is appropriate for grade 6-12 educators.
What You Need To Know
- This course will provide you with 3 Graduate Credits through Ashland University.
- Courses start on September 1st, 2016 and end on August 31st, 2017.
- Note: (Rolling Admissions. Self-paced course. Register anytime. Complete course within semester dates)
- Credit Cost: $150 per graduate credit x 3 = $450* (Payable to Ashland University)
- Course Cost: $149 per course (Payable to NaMaYa)
- Length: 36 Contact Hours
*Credit Cost is lower if you are part of a Group/Bulk Registration with 20+ Teachers. To inquire more about that, please contact us at email@example.com.
Don’t forget to register with Ashland University in order to earn Graduate Credits. Failure to register with Ashland University before the end date will disqualify participants from earning credits.
*Strict refund policy on Ashland University fees. Only exceptions are for documented medical emergency and must be approved by PDS Director.